Working with Trauma, Dissociation, and Psychosis
Medical, Fitness, Healthcare and Safety
No. of Attendant
Acquired Skills/Covered Subjects
- Identify possible interrelationships between trauma, dissociation, and psychosis, including ways that psychosis itself can be traumatizing
- Describe a variety of possible causal routes from trauma to psychotic experiences, and understand the possible role of dissociation within that process
- Utilize proven cognitive strategies to address command and persecutory voices, and other common & distressing experiences found in trauma-associated psychosis
- Plan to integrate CBT for psychosis with various trauma therapies to effectively treat clients who have experienced both trauma and psychosis
- Demonstrate a collaborate approach to helping clients develop coherent and compassionate stories of trauma and recovery
|About The Provider||
Udemy.com is an online learning platform aimed at professional adults and students.
Udemy, a portmanteau of you + academy, has more than 30 million students and 50,000 instructors teaching courses in over 60 languages. There have been over 245 million course enrollments. Students and instructors come from 190+ countries and 2/3 of students are located outside of the U.S. Udemy also has over 4,000 enterprise customers and 80% of Fortune 100 companies use Udemy for employee upskilling (Udemy for Business). Students take courses largely as a means of improving job-related skills.Some courses generate credit toward technical certification. Udemy has made a special effort to attract corporate trainers seeking to create coursework for employees of their company.
Udemy serves as a platform that allows instructors to build online courses on topics of their choosing. Using Udemy's course development tools they can upload video, PowerPoint presentations, PDFs, audio, zip files and live classes to create courses. Instructors can also engage and interact with users via online discussion boards.
Courses are offered across a breadth of categories, including business and entrepreneurship, academics, the arts, health and fitness, language, music, and technology. Most classes are in practical subjects such as Excel software or using an iPhone camera. Udemy also offers Udemy for Business, enabling businesses access to a targeted suite of over 3,000 training courses on topics from digital marketing tactics to office productivity, design, management, programming, and more. With Udemy for Business, organizations can also create custom learning portals for corporate training.
Develop a humanistic understanding of how adverse life events can lead to reactions such as dissociation and psychosis, and then learn approaches and skills which will allow you to support people in changing those reactions and turning toward recovery!
After taking this course, you will be able to bring a truly trauma informed perspective into your work with people who are struggling with the most serious disorders.
Topics covered include:
· Optimal style of therapy
· Shifting from “what’s wrong” to “what happened” & “what next”
· Building coherent, self-compassionate recovery narratives
· Incorporating mindfulness approaches
· Overcoming dissociative splits
· Shifting from suppression to boundaries along with some openness
· Finding & working with themes in metaphorical expressions
· Spiritual considerations
Strengthening collaboration between human and animal health sectors for improved health security