Foundations in Metalsmithing: Bracelets
Fashion and Beauty
No. of Attendant
Acquired Skills/Covered Subjects
- Create unique cuff bracelets by forming wire and sheet.,Join metal without a torch by riveting.,Solder wire and sheet into different shapes.,Finish your designs and experiment with color on metal through patinas.
|About The Provider||
CreativeLive is an online education platform that broadcasts live classes to an international audience. The company has dual headquarters in Seattle and San Francisco, with four in-house production studios.
are broadcast live from four in-house production studios. A key aspect of CreativeLive's approach to
online learning is interaction via online classroom, which is facilitated by a
studio audience that also appears on camera. The in-studio students, usually
ranging from three to 15 people, ask questions of the instructor during the
class and act as a proxy for the viewers at home. CreativeLive
broadcasts 24/7 across five channels: Photo & Video,
Art & Design, Music & Audio, Maker & Craft, and Business &
Whether you’re just getting started in metalsmithing or have been experimenting for years, Foundations in Metalsmithing: Bracelets will help you deepen your skills while exploring the exciting world of bracelets. From torchless techniques (like forming and riveting) to more advanced concepts (like hinges), you’ll walk out of this class with a heap of new metalsmithing skills! (And a pile of new bracelets).
In this class, jewelry designer and metalsmith Megan Auman will help you build your metalsmithing skills in a way that’s completely approachable - no matter what level you’re currently at.
You will learn how to:
- Create unique cuff bracelets by forming wire and sheet.
- Join metal without a torch by riveting.
- Solder wire and sheet into different shapes.
- Make hinges (with or without a torch) to take your bracelet designs to the next level.
- Finish your designs and experiment with color on metal through patinas.
Whether you’re looking to grow your existing jewelry making knowledge or for a new creative outlet that you can proudly wear (and show off!), you’ll leave Foundations in Metalsmithing: Bracelets with a series of bracelets you can call your own - and a new set of metalsmithing skills you can expand into even more jewelry ideas!